Why study animal science at Missouri State?
- The broad-based animal science program prepares you for a variety of careers, ranging from recreational to economic animal use and from dairy farming to horse training.
- Our faculty stay connected with production units in the animal industry, which provides you with up-to-date educational programs and valuable job leads.
- At our unique, state-of-the-art facilities, you will gain hands-on experience in a variety of agricultural disciplines.
- You gain excellent experience with cattle ranching and horse training through lab classes and service-learning projects, which increases your marketability.
- Through our numerous student organizations and competition teams, you access additional opportunities to develop your professional skills and learn beyond the traditional classroom setting.
Understanding the animal industry
The animal science program at Missouri State provides you with a broad understanding of all types of animal industries, including horses, dairy and beef. Our program integrates business concepts with a technical education in animal production, care, nutrition and breeding.