The Darr College of Agriculture at Missouri State accepts and encourages all students interested in pursuing animal science.
To begin course work in the field of animal science, you initially need to be admitted to Missouri State. Before completing 75 credit hours, you must also be admitted to a degree program.
Declaring your major
You may apply to the degree program by:
- Visiting with a departmental advisor during office hours or by appointment to begin the application process
- Completing an Application to a Degree Program
- Making an appointment with your advisor to review your degree audit, which is a computer printout of completed and future course work needed to graduate
- Obtaining your advisor’s signature on the degree application form
- Visiting the department office of your designated minor, if you are adding a minor, to get the required signature
- Returning the completed forms to the degree check office in Carrington 320