Learning outcomes for the animal science program
- Students will able to apply concepts of breeding, physiology, nutrition, herd-health, economics and management into practical and profitable animal production programs.
- Students will understand the role of nutrition in animal production.
- Students will be able to explain the mechanisms and role of reproductive physiology in livestock production.
- Students will be able develop feeding systems for farm animal production and companion animals.
- Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as they apply scientific principles to a variety of animal production systems.
- Students will understand how the application of modern animal production technologies and management practices impact their production facilities, their communities and the world.