Why study secondary agriculture education at Missouri State?
- Our agriculture education program blends courses from two different departments to provide you with up-to-date information and skills in technical agriculture and teaching.
- A small faculty to student ratio provides you with individual attention and support for your educational and professional goals, which continues beyond graduation.
- The Darr School of Agriculture hosts annual FFA competitions, which provides you with hands-on experience working with high school students and the FFA National Organization.
- The secondary education program is an eligible graduate program in the Missouri Outreach Graduate Opportunity Scholarship, which waives out-of-state fees for qualified students.
- A master’s degree in education helps fulfill professional development requirements allowing you to advance in your career.
Upgrading your professional skills
A master’s degree in secondary education upgrades your knowledge of and skills in professional education and instruction. With agriculture as your emphasis area, you will also advance your knowledge of technical agriculture, further develop your teaching methods of agricultural course work and develop your agricultural research skills.