Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the agriculture undergraduate program
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze data and draw appropriate statistical conclusions.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical environment impacting agriculture organizations and exhibit an understanding and appreciation of the ethical implications of decisions.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the importance of the impact of globalization and diversity in modern agriculture organizations.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to engage in critical thinking by analyzing situations and constructing and selecting viable solutions to solve problems.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others.
- Students will understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect your future in agriculture.
- Students will be able to recognize and examine the relationships between inputs and outputs in their agricultural field to make effective and profitable decisions.
- Students will understand how all aspects of agriculture combine and are used by scientists, marketers, and producers.
- Students will understand how employer characteristics and decision-making at various levels enhance the success of an agricultural enterprise.
- Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as they apply to a variety of animal and or plant production systems.