Students in the MSU VESTA-linked online master's degree program are assigned a graduate advisor.
It is the up to the student to contact their assigned advisor early in the program to help plan the program of study. The semester prior to graduation, the student must meet with the graduate advisor to plan their upcoming graduation.
The graduate advisor assists the student to:
- Plan the student's program of study. The program will be entered into the degree audit.
- Guide the student in their non-thesis research or internship tracks. Graduate advisors will instruct all research, seminar, internship, and agricultural research methods courses.
- Work with the student to make sure all graduation requirements are met.
Use the following tools to plan your program of study:
Course credit hour limits
- Maximum credit hours in AGP 699 is not to exceed 9 credits.
- Maximum credit hours in AGP 730 is not to exceed 9 credits.
- Maximum credit hours in AGN 699 is not to exceed 9 credits.
- Maximum credit hours in AGN 730 is not to exceed 9 credits.
Total required credit hours is 32 with at least 16 at the 700 level or above.