Why study animal science at Missouri State?
- The broad-based animal science program prepares you for a variety of careers, ranging from recreational to economic animal use and from dairy farming to horse training.
- Our faculty stay connected with production units in the animal industry, which provides you with up-to-date educational programs and valuable job leads.
- At our unique, state-of-the-art facilities, you will gain hands-on experience in a variety of agricultural disciplines.
- You gain excellent experience with cattle ranching and horse training through lab classes and service-learning projects, which increases your marketability.
- Through our numerous student organizations and competition teams, you access additional opportunities to develop your professional skills and learn beyond the traditional classroom setting.