Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the agribusiness program
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze data and draw appropriate statistical conclusions.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical environment impacting agriculture organizations and exhibit an understanding and appreciation of the ethical implications of decisions.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the importance of the impact of globalization and diversity in modern agriculture organizations.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to engage in critical thinking by analyzing situations and constructing and selecting viable solutions to solve problems.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others.
- Students will understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect the future of agriculture.
- Students will be able to recognize and examine the relationships between inputs and outputs in their agricultural field to make effective and profitable decisions.
- Students will be able to effectively evaluate the impact of trade policy, common markets, trading blocks, market instability, commodity problems, trade agreements and environmental regulations on imports and exports in international trade to be able to improve production decision making.
- Students will understand how all aspects of agriculture combine and are used by scientists, marketers, and producers.
- Students will understand how employer characteristics and decision-making at various levels enhance the success of an agricultural enterprise.