Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the agriculture education program
- Students will demonstrate the ability to analyze data and draw appropriate statistical conclusions.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical environment impacting agriculture organizations and exhibit an understanding and appreciation of the ethical implications of decisions.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the importance of the impact of globalization and diversity in modern agriculture organizations.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to engage in critical thinking by analyzing situations and constructing and selecting viable solutions to solve problems.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others.
- Students will understand and analyze the current events and issues that are occurring in agriculture and how they affect your future in agriculture.
- Students from this program will be able to implement a philosophy and utilize instructional methods used in agricultural education settings.
- Students will be able to plan and organize units of instruction for topics in agriculture.
- Students will be able to develop and use teaching plans on agriculture topics for traditional and special needs students.
- Students will be able to effectively manage a diverse student population of students.
- Students will be able to prepare effective tests which will allow them to evaluate and grade students in agricultural education.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize a variety of teaching techniques and strategies in the classroom in order to positively influence student learning.
- Students will demonstrate skills in individualized assessment, instructional planning, and data-based decision-making through satisfactory completion of all checkpoints prior to student teaching.