To be admitted into the plant science graduate program, you must meet these requirements:
- Meet all Graduate College admission requirements.
If you do not meet the GPA requirement but are admitted based on your GRE scores, you must complete a minimum of nine hours of specified graduate course work before developing your program of study.
- Submit GRE scores from the general test portion
- Submit your score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 on the paper-based or a comparable score of 80 on the computer-based with a minimum of 60th percentile on the listening comprehension section, if you are an international student
- Possess an undergraduate degree in a natural or applied science, including one semester of genetics and one semester of organic chemistry
- Contact the College of Agriculture to schedule a meeting with the graduate coordinator
- Receive a positive evaluation from the graduate coordinator prior to being recommended for admittance
If you do not meet all the requirements listed above, you may be admitted on a provisional basis and required to complete prerequisite courses before advancing through the plant science program.