Director: Dr. Wenping Qiu
To explore genetic resources of diverse grapevine species for securing the profitability and sustainability of the grape and wine industry and for improving human health.
- Develop new improved grape varieties by genome-enabled breeding.
- Conduct molecular analysis of grapevine genes and viruses for prevention of major
- Provide clean and virus-tested grapevines to the industry
- Explore and identify health-promoting compounds in native grapevine species.
- Create a challenging academic environment for training students in plant biotechnology.