The garden is a herbaceous perennial and shrub border along the west and south side of historic Faurot Hall, the original administration building of the State Fruit Experiment Station listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The theme for the Centennial Garden flower border is to reflect the early 1900’s by using plants from the period. Bridal Wreath Spirea is one plant determined from the early photos of Faurot Hall (left) and it is represented in the border.
The Centennial Garden was prepared and planted in 2003 and 2004 and dedicated on June 17, 2005 as part of the Missouri State University Centennial Celebration. The Centennial Celebration Steering Committee of Missouri State funded the majority of the project. Gilbert H. Wild and Son Nursery of Sarcoxie, Missouri donated the vintage daylilies and peonies needed for the garden.
This site will continue to be grow along with the garden including more and more information on American Landscape History.
For further information, contact: